If you’re like me you are stuck somewhere in the country where there is about a foot and a half of snow on the ground with temperatures that have been hovering around 0 degrees for the past week. So what better time to start thinking about vacations in much, much warmer climates?
Destination Spa Vacations has a great list of tips on how to make any vacation green. Their vacation planning tips includes such things as:
- Checking to see what type of recycling program the hotel you plan on staying at has.
- Asking if hotel guests have the option to reuse sheets and towels instead of having them changed every day.
- Checking to see what other energy saving measures where you plan on staying incorporates. For example, do they use low energy lighting, or have low-flow toilets and showers?
Even if it is simply not possible to find a truly green place to stay there are still many things you can do to make your trip more ecologically friendly. For example:
- Pack your own coffee mug and water containers.
- Bring your own reusable shopping bag to reduce waste when you make purchases.
- Make sure electronics and heating/air conditioning are turned off when you are not in your hotel room.
For more tips, be sure to check out the full list here.